Friday, May 1, 2009

Birthday Wishes, Managing College Kids and Other Random Thoughts

Craig's birthday isn't until September, but the kids routinely throw out ideas for me, which is very helpful. Monday, Craig offered this one. "For my birthday I want a Kroger gift card." Kroger is a grocery store so I assumed he wanted to buy a load of candy. Wrong. Here's the explanation. "...so I can do everything I'm not allowed to do, like buy a can of whipped cream and squirt it into my mouth and get a tube of toothpaste and squeeze it everywhere." Isn't it great to have fantasies? I chuckled over the mental image and yes, he will get his Kroger gift card.

Cell phones are a huge blessing if you have college kids. We can talk all we want without additional phone costs, but there are limits. Wednesday I got 7 phone calls between Ellen and Abby, mostly in a 2-hour time period. Abby won the contest by making 4 of the calls, but Ellen one-upped her Thursday by making two calls to Abby's one. (Abby evened the score by sending one e-mail.) Fortunately I have a hands-free phone thing so I can plug in the ear buds, put the phone in my pocket and still have use of my hands (and avoid permanant ear flattening!). Unfortunately, my phone battery is shot so I usually have to plug in the charger if I talk for longer than 10 minutes, which strands me. If the girls call while I'm making dinner I am forever plugging in and unplugging the charger so I can move around the kitchen. I think I need a wireless cell phone charger!

Speaking of wireless things, we got a new printer and I LOVE sitting on the sofa with my laptop and being able to print without having to get up and plug the laptop into the printer in the other room. I am really quite lazy.

And speaking of lazy, it is time for me to stop procrastinating today's visit to the Y.

BTW, if you haven't visited Ellen's blog lately, check it out for some breaking news.

2 comments:

  1. Did I seriously call you three times on Wednesday?? Embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. s'okay I called her four. I had to try really hard not to call you more than once yesterday, mom

    You were right about the Iron, I think. After I took a multivitamin and ate something, I felt 100% better. If I had called you yesterday again, That's all I would have told you. There.

    ReplyDelete