Good news on the hospital front. Craig's surgery was a huge success. The doctor was very pleased. They hoped for a 50% correction of the spinal curve and got a 100% correction. I'll post a picture of the x-ray when I get home and can scan it.
Initially Craig was in a lot of pain--an 8 out of 10 on the pain scale, but he is down to a 3 or 4 now. The morphine keeps him fairly groggy, but he is able to speak in complete sentences and is aware of what is going on. He should be out of the ICU tomorrow and they will attempt to get him out of bed. He is not looking forward to that part of the day. So far he has been a real champion.
He told us that he is dreaming while he is awake. I think that is called hallucinating, but whatever.
Gotta get back.
No comments:
Post a Comment