
Last night Tom and I went to the movies to watch Glenn Beck. He was doing a performance of his Common Sense Comedy Tour in Kansas City, Missouri, but it was broadcast live to 400 movie theaters around the country. I have to say, he is hilarious "in person". We laughed continuously for the first hour. Then he got serious and we came home feeling like we needed to be good citizens and fight to protect the freedoms that our founding fathers fought for. We're at a loss as to where we should start and finally decided that it would be helpful to reacquaint ourselves with the history of our country. So, that's my summer reading project. I'm planning on reading Common Sense, by Thomas Paine and Tom recommended The Federalist Papers. Maybe I'll read 1776 too. I should be able to get through these while Craig is in the hospital.
On another topic--Ellen's mission papers should go in on Monday. If you'd like to guess where she's going, respond with a comment. You don't need an account to post, just sign it so I know where it came from.
On another topic--Ellen's mission papers should go in on Monday. If you'd like to guess where she's going, respond with a comment. You don't need an account to post, just sign it so I know where it came from.
Mom--I'm going to read Common Sense too. It fulfills a great works requirement. Yay!
ReplyDelete