
Look what I got! And I managed to get it without shedding any blood or raising my voice, though I came close on the latter. Dealing with the BMV is a real pain. I checked the requirements on the web, noting a 5-10 minute average wait time (yeah, right) and went with the proper paperwork and $5 to pick up the placard. There was a 25 minute wait just to check in. Then she told me I needed documentation, like a birth certificate, for Craig, since he wasn't in their system. She called a supervisor over, who noted the fire in my eyes when I said, "I'm gonna be mad if you tell me I have to come back because there is nothing on the website about documentation." Apparently the rules had just changed, probably on July 1 because that's when all new laws, dumb or otherwise, go into affect here. She called the manager, then came back and said, "You do need documentation, but my manager will be out in a minute to speak with you. Have a seat." I sat for 5 minutes and was getting ready to mount my broomstick when she motioned me over and said her manager was going to waive the documentation for me. How sweet. Craig is quite tickled to rate a handicap placard. I jokingly said, "Let's go somewhere so we can use it!" He's not quite ready for another ride in the car.
I'll give you $500 for the placard....and I'm serious
ReplyDelete