Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Yoda Soda and other wonders

Craig made Yoda Soda for FHE last night. Each serving includes 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice. It is really good, but I feel like the lime juice is trying to turn the contents of my stomach into Key Lime Pie and I still feel the burn in my throat. Next time we'll use less lime juice.

Abby loved her first day of classes and reported that there are lots of cute boys in her calculus class. She and the roommate she shares a room with have decided to build a cave inbetween the two beds, which her summer-term roommate is going to spend the night in.

I've been busy sewing for Ellen, first a temple dress then a skirt. I found a super fast/easy pattern so I'll send her some more once she gets to Ecuador and finds out if she can wear bright colors. We still have some odds and ends to gather for her mission needs, but the clothing is mostly done.

Everyone's colds/illnesses seem to have cleared up...well, except for Craig's allergies. I forgot to give him Zyrtec before bed last night and he is feeling it. Kelly moaned all through Sacrament Meeting last Sunday about how she was so tired and feeling lousy and couldn't possibly stay for Primary. We had come to church in one car and no one was available to take her home so I told her to tough it out. Turns out she just didn't want to give her talk in Primary.

We're headed to New York this weekend for a whirlwind trip to take Ellen to the temple, celebrate Craig's birthday and I don't know what else. We're pulling the kids out of school Friday. I'm not too keen on Craig missing another day when he missed three last week, but I've been out voted. Surprisingly, Craig was semi-reluctant to miss another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment