Friday, January 8, 2010

If I Did Twitter, Here's What I'd Tweet...

I don't do Twitter, but if I did here are some of the things I might have tweeted over the past few weeks.

I think Craig is beginning another growth spurt. He's coming down for a second dinner around 9 each night. One can only hope he'll pack on some weight. I don't think they make skinny jeans skinny enough for him, though I don't think I could get him to wear them anyway.

Kelly told me she thinks she's losing weight because she doesn't look pregnant anymore. I think she's losing weight because her belly is def smaller and because her jeans are constantly falling down. Time to go belt shopping.

I love to watch snow fall. I love to see undisturbed snow in my yard. I love the 2-hour delays and school cancellations that come with snow. In essence, snow is beautiful...except when it is in my driveway. I am so tired of shoveling.

Craig has a fabulous hat collection. Kelly has decided to collect shoes. (Easy, Meg.) I saw a girl wearing a pair of clear Chuck Taylor's. They are so cool. Your shoes look different every day depending on the socks you are wearing. I've got to find some for her.

If there is anything virtuous, lovely, of good report or praiseworthy, it is Abby. She was home for two weeks, has been gone for one and I miss her. The house was full of light and laughter while she was home. Craig has gone back to hermit-mode with her gone.

Having a child on a mission is one of the greatest experiences of my motherhood. I delight in her emails. It is so rewarding to read how she is growing and embracing everything that is good and right. I love her righteous indignation, her positive spin when things aren't working out as planned and how she has learned to kick Satan out when he's trying to mess things up.

Some really lousy things happened in 2009, but somehow I feel incredibly blessed. When I look at my son I can't imagine life without him. I went to extraordinary means just to have a shot at having a third child. With God's help we got Craig, and Kelly too. Some parents, if they knew their child would be born with Friedreich's Ataxia, would have chosen to abort. Whatever we go through together in this life, it will be worth it. It would be far worse to me if he had never been born.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Beautiful Jenny: I just fell in love with you all over again! Your thoughts make me so grateful that you were my older sister who paved the way for me and just smoothed out so many rough edges as I grew up.

    I love you! Being an aunt to your four lovely kids is a privilege and a pleasure!

    Love,
    Meg

    meg

    ReplyDelete