Monday, March 29, 2010

I Thought the Purpose of an Easter Egg Hunt Was to...Well, Hunt!

Craig is a traditionalist. Despite his fifteen years, he still likes to hide a sibling's Easter basket and find his own. Because we will be in Utah on Easter I told him that if he wanted his candy Easter weekend it would be in a Ziploc bag, not a basket. That wasn't good enough. He wanted to hide Kelly's stuff and find his own, so we are in the middle of the hunt as I type.

Craig hid the contents of Kelly's basket first. He was pretty diabolical and was so amused by his hiding places and so convinced that she wouldn't find half of them that he followed her around, giving her hints until she found them. The funniest moment was when Kelly was looking right at a plastic egg and Craig shouted, "Ah, you just store right at one." Tom and I were appalled that a child of ours would conjugate "stared" as "store".

Kelly felt the need to inflict revenge and was a mastermind when hiding Craig's basket contents. I think he is permanently scarred by the egg hidden in a box of tampons. He insisted that it was contaminated and he should be able to trade it with one of Kelly's. He somehow forgot that he hid one of Kelly's in the toilet tank. Kelly further traumatized him by hiding two in the cups of one of her bras that was in her laundry basket. Craig made her get them out. Craig is currently rounding up the last few plastic eggs (no one but Tom will touch the hard-boiled variety) and Kelly is leading him from room to room, giving out clues. So much for the "hunt".

No comments:

Post a Comment