Kelly was telling me about a series of books she is re-reading, Molly something, I can't remember the whole title, because I can't get past laughing at the magic peas. Anyway, she told me that there was a scary part in one of them. "Molly gets attacked by magipees," she said, very rapidly. "She was attacked by magic peas?" I asked. "I think that would be scary, to say the least." "No, not magic peas, magpees, you know. . . those birds?" "Magpies?" I asked, with questioning eyebrows. "Well, I don't know how you say it. I've never seen it before!" I laughed quite hard over that.
Oh, and Abby isn't going to fail her math class after all. Ten days ago she was quite convinced that she would when she couldn't figure out how to do her math homework and she only got an 80% on her multivariable calculus quiz, but she got a 40/40 on last week's quiz so all is right in the world again. I won't embarrass her with the whole story, but they say, "Pride goeth before the fall." This time it helped her to figure out her math homework, so it isn't all bad.
Did I mention yet that we are getting a temple in Indiana?
No comments:
Post a Comment