Sunday, January 23, 2011

Footprints in the Snow

I wish I could say that this post is as inspirational as that well-known poem "Footprints in the Sand", but it isn't. 

This morning I looked out the window next to our front door and saw footprints in the snow on our front walk.  Barefoot footprints.  With heel and toe marks.  Someone had walked barefoot in the snow to get the newspaper.  The morning temps have been around 5 degrees for the past several days and there is currently a 1/2 inch on snow on the walk.  There is only one person in our house who is (pick your descriptive word) brave, crazy, manly enough to do that.  I asked Tom and he responded, "It wasn't that far."  That seems irrelevant to me, but I like my feet warm, thawed, and with feeling in the toes.

I just told Craig about it.  He said, "So?  That's endurance!"  He never wears a coat, even when the wind chill was -14 on Thursday, but I'm pretty sure he'd at least wear socks in the snow.  Boys--I just don't get them.  I guess that's why I only got one.

No comments:

Post a Comment