Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Cleanest Boy in Town and Other Tales

When Craig goes to sleep, he sleeps until something acts upon him to wake him up.  He sometimes wakes up just before his alarm goes off, but he never randomly wakes up in the middle of the night.  So when he awoke Wednesday morning before the alarm, he assumed it was time to get up and headed to the shower.  When he got back to his room he saw the clock.  It was 1:30 in the morning.  He got back in bed, slept until 5, then got up and showered again.  At 5:25 I got up, noticed the thick fog and turned on the radio.  Ten minutes later a two-hour delay was announced.  (Yes, they delay for fog in Indiana.  Sometimes it's kind of lame, but often we can't see the street from the house, it's so thick.  Apparently they didn't delay for fog 20 years ago.  Then a student got killed.  End of discussion.)  Anyway, he went back to bed again and slept until 8:50.  Of course his hair had dried weird so he stuck he head under the faucet to wet it down...or maybe he showered again.  I don't know.  I only heard the water go on.  I didn't know about the first shower until he got home from school and told me about it.  Then I vaguely recalled hearing the bathroom door close, but it's on the other side of the house so I didn't hear the water go on.  Actually, I wasn't listening.  I went right back to sleep.

Just in case the soon-to-be-mentioned male Googles my oldest daughter, I will mention her only by initial.  Last Sunday an extremely good-looking and totally ripped male introduced himself to E at church.  This would be rather exciting except that he's maybe 5'8" and he's socially awkward.  Nevertheless, E agreed they could carpool to church and gave him her number.  He was shocked that she didn't have an iphone so she cooly mentioned that she prefers designer jeans to technological wonders.  He agreed and mentioned his $250 Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses that he sometimes wears into work (he's a personal trainer, hence the amazing body) just so people will know he has them. He worked in his salary and a few other tacky tidbits.  E hoped he wouldn't call, but he did Wednesday night, asking for a ride to Institute.  She called me afterwards.  "I think I just went on a date."  On the way home he said he was hungry and asked if she wanted to get something to eat.  She did and they ended up at Maggiano's.  This proved to be a deal breaker, if she was wondering about the future of the relationship.  Being a fitness buff, he is careful about what he eats.  He ordered a salad.  And that's all.  He didn't even eat the bread sticks.  Real men don't do that.  E had pasta because as E so cleverly noticed, "when you order off the pasta menu they bring you your dinner, then they bring you more to take home.  I don't have any food in my house.  Now I have lunch for tomorrow."  E was considering dessert, but changed her mind when she figured out she'd be eating it by herself so she said, "I'll have ice cream when I get home."  He warmed up to that idea, but she had no intention of letting him into her apartment.  Still, she said he could be fun to hang out with this summer.  The pickins must be slim in Indy.

Craig approached me last night and said, "I mustache you a question."  Tom snorted.  Craig tried not to smile.  These boys are hilarious in a very silly way.

E and I got pedicures several weeks ago when she was home.  It was 40 degrees that day so I figured sandals were still months away and I had my toe nails painted a very bright green.  Two days later it hit 78.  It was way too warm for socks and shoes so I looked very silly with my gray hair and green toe nails.  They're still green... well nine of the toes are.  The tenth toe is only 15% green so I guess it's time to take care of that.  It's 89 degrees today.  Oh well, I'm kind of used to them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment