Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Long, Expensive Vacation is Over-Craig, Day 6


Doesn't that look good? Two rods, twenty screws and a perfectly straight spine. I can't tell you how unexpected that was!
Craig and I came home today. Hurray! Craig had been begging earlier in the week to go home, but when the time actually came, he balked. He had to get dresssed and have an IV port removed and was dreading both. It seems he has traded his fear of needles for a fear of pain. I can't count the number of times his eyes bugged in the hospital. Completely understandable, given his experiences of the past week. Getting him dressed wasn't too bad, but he had loads of tape on his hand. When it was all off he looked at the sticky residue and said, "Look at my beautiful skin." Honesty, the Vicodin causes him to say the funniest things.
I brought the van to bring him home in because the front seat is at bun height so he wouldn't have to squat, just bend his knees and pivot. Unfortunately he grew two inches in the hospital so his head wouldn't clear the top of the doorway and he can't bend at all with the brace on. We finally maneuvered him in, but he worried all the way home about how he would get out of the car. We managed that, walked him into the house and straight to his bed, which is currently in Tom's office. He's been sleeping ever since. (About 2 hours). I'm sure there are more fun adventures ahead, but right now we are both looking forward to a quiet week at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment