Saturday, June 27, 2009

Walkers are for old people!-Craig, Day 5

That was Craig's initial thought, but he has given in to several things that he said he wouldn't do. Today he had 2 sessions of physical therapy in the PT room. He learned to use a walker and climb stairs. The PT cleared him to go home, but we need to do a few more things at home before we are ready for him and I think he will benefit from one more night in the hospital.

They had him eat all of his meals sitting up in a chair today. He has hardly eaten anything all week and is very slow about it, but today he ate quite rapidly, all with the goal of getting back in bed. I wish it wasn't so painful and I wish I could feel it so I could know what I am doing to him when I move him around. It is really hard to hurt your own child, but he'd be in worse shape if I left him in bed all day.

Craig has given up on saying, "I want to go home." Now he says, "Put me back in bed, pleeeeease!

No comments:

Post a Comment