About six weeks ago Kelly and I had "the talk" that every child dreds and looks forward to at the same time. Kelly is pretty good about asking questions when she wants to know something so it went well from that standpoint, but I think she found some things a bit odd.
Monday night, when we were on the way home from her choir rehearsal, she said, "I'm glad Craig's not in the car. When you have three kids do you have to do..."it"... three times? I just want to say that I think it's admirable that I didn't crack up. So I answered her, "Yes, you do have to do..."it"...three times if you have three kids, unless you have triplets and most couples will do ..."it"... even when they aren't trying to have a baby. Then the cogs started turning. "How do you do "it" when you have kids? Her curiosity caused her to let go of her hesitation of saying "it". I don't think I've actually caught her saying the word 'sex' yet, though she has referred to it as "the 's' word". Anyway, I didn't grasp what she was after so she explained. "If you have a 10-year-kid how do you do "it" with them around? "Well," I said, "you don't do it in the living room for everyone to watch. That's what bedroom doors are for. " "But what if they barge in without knocking?" "That's what locks are for or you wait until the kids are asleep." Everything connected at this point. She narrowed her eyes, turned toward me and slyly said, "I'm looking at you suspiciously." I felt it was safe to laugh at this point and it would have been a crime not too. She is so funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment