I'm pretty sure that someone is constantly changing the "correct" spelling of words because spell check picks up more and more words with each email I send. The only explanation is that somewhere there is a nefarious person or persons who are constantly changing the way words are spelled. Either that or the failed policies of the previous administration. Everything is their fault. I think they should just stop it!
Craig went to the temple yesterday and had a great day. I was a little worried about how the baptisms would go for him. We are still babying his back. I suggested they may need to slow down with him. He said his back did fine, but he had a little trouble getting back up and nearly went over the other way on the first one. They made some adjustments and everything was fine then.
Friday I was able to visit with a member of the MTC mission presidency who was in town helping a daughter-in-law who'd had surgery. He has visited with Ellen on several occasions so he knows her well, assured me she is happy and will be a great missionary. It was really great to talk to someone who has seen her recently. She leaves the MTC tomorrow (11/23) so she'll be able to call from the airports as time allows.
Kelly's first Fort Wayne Children's Choir concert was this weekend. It was quite enjoyable. There are 6 choirs in the FWCC and three of them performed. One thing I like about FWCC is the variety of music. The other thing I enjoy is while the style is varied, none of it is outright weird so it is pleasant to listen too. The kids sang well. Kelly seems to enjoy it a lot more this year, maybe because she gets to wear a pretty black dress instead of something resembling a Catholic school uniform.
Tom and I saw a stage production of Fiddler on the Roof Friday night. It was well done, but the guy who played Tevye was head and shoulders above the other performers so it made the others look average. I've always loved this musical even though the ending is sad. I remember seeing the movie for the first time when I was in elementary school. We had a field trip to this huge theater which was filled with kids. I don't remember what grade I was in, maybe 4th. The day after the musical I was doing name extraction from the 1920 US-New York Census. The birthplace of most of the people on the sheet was Poland Russia. Their native language was Yiddish. I wondered if they were people who were forced out of Russia by the Czar, just like the story in Fiddler.
We finally figured out why the litter boxes still smell even after Kelly empties them. She finally admitted, under cross-examination, that she'd only been emptying one each time instead of both of them. Lying gets the death penalty of punishments in our house so no friends over, no computer time, no DS, no Wii, etc. for a whole week. That should give her plenty of time to clean both boxes each day!
Only two days of school next week. Yeah! I really don't like getting up early every morning. It seems to me that the older kids get, the later school should start. Not so much for the benefit of the kids, but for the benefit of the parents, who are getting older.
No comments:
Post a Comment