Unfortunately, yesterday didn't start out so well. Tom was frantically looking for his wallet and I was frantically removing everything from the kitchen freezer and moving it to the basement freezer. The compressor was trying to come on, but was overheating so the fridge/freezer wouldn't cool. Fortunately it was only 30 degrees outside so I loaded all the fridge stuff into boxes and coolers and put them on the table on the deck. Not too convenient, but better than pitching all of it. Also fortunately, Tom found his wallet after searching the car for the 4th time, just before cancelling his debit cards.
Unfortunately, the fridge story doesn't have such a happy ending. A repairman came around 11:30 and said it was either the relay switch or the compressor. We hoped it was the relay because the cost of that repair is trivial compared to replacing the compressor. He didn't have the part in stock, but had one that was nearly identical so he put that one in while he ordered the other and so we could test-drive the fridge. It seemed to work. When we went to bed the fridge temp was under 40 and the freezer temp was just below 0 degrees. Unfortunately, when Tom got up at 5 to go to the Y the fridge was on the fritz again, so instead of exercising he hauled stuff to the basement...again. Looks like we are replacing the compressor. Sigh.
Fortunately, I scored a great bargain at Kohl's today. I bought a Kitchen Aid mixer for Kelly (I know she's only 11, but I'm not going to give it to her for several years) for $120. Ellen and Abby already have one and I've been watching for a great deal so I don't have to pay mega bucks for one. Anyway, it was a great price and I am quite satisfied, despite my fridge that won't get fixed until the part comes in on Thursday or Friday. Hopefully the outdoor fridge will be up to the job until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment