First off, the sun is shining today. We haven't seen it for a long while and it brought good things with it.
Our purple minivan, whose obituary I expected to be writing today, has been reincarnated yet again. It died on US 33 on Sunday as Tom was waiting to make a left turn, coming home from church. Our initial reaction was that the transmission had died. Tom stepped on the gas and all we got was a loud bang. Instead, it was the axle clip, a relatively affordable repair. The kids are disappointed. They were hoping for a new car.
Craig's free pants arrived today. We had just about given up hope and as I tried to explain to Craig, you can't really call someone and ask what happened to the free thing they volunteered to send you. It's sort of like asking someone, "Where's my birthday present?" No matter--they are here and are just as crazy as the first pair. He chose Carnivale and has decided to wear them to school on Friday, the first day of finals. He had previously decided to wear a Dracula cape on Friday and is quite satisfied with the idea of wearing them together. I am fairly sure the cape will barely make it past the front door on his body and will spend the rest of the day in his locker. Schools don't like distractions such as Dracula capes, especially during finals, though one could argue that his pants will be a bigger distraction. I might add that the I made the cape for Abby when she was about 7 so it is really, really small.
I finally got Craig's appointments set up with the doctors at the University of Chicago . He will be participating in a clinical study there, seeing a cardiologist that specializes in Friedreich's Ataxia and seeing one of the two top FA neurologists. I am so excited about this. It took 2 weeks to convince Craig to participate in the clinical study because they want to draw blood. He has a huge needle phobia these days and had a hard time agreeing to the blood draw, but we're good now. The lady I've been working with has been so helpful and once he becomes a patient of Dr. Gomez, who heads The Ataxia Center at the University of Chicago, Craig will get immediate notification of any other clinical trials being done. A heart study is starting up soon. Aside from the obvious benefits of participation, Craig is getting paid $100 per visit for his participation in the first trial. He will need to go once a year for 7 years.
Here are two Craigisms for you...
"I should colonize the sun so I can legitimately say the solar system revolves around me."
"Can we buy a steamroller? I want to drive it to school." He must want it to go with his dump truck.
No comments:
Post a Comment