Did you know that to make the Dean's List at BYU you need to be in the top 5% of your college for the current semester? In Abby's college that means a 4.0 because when she had a 3.99 last Winter she didn't get on, but she finally made it Winter2010. Great job Abby! Most universities "only" require a 3.5.
Craig never wore the Dracula cape to school, thankfully, but he did wear his new Loudmouth pants. They are green, yellow and purple argyle. He wore them with a bright yellow t-shirt. Really, they are awesome!
School got out May 25 and it is lovely. I, unfortunately, am programed to wake up at 6 a.m. I have not yet convinced my body to sleep longer than about 6:15. My alarm is set for 7:30 so I can get to my class at the YMCA at 8, but I have yet to wake to my alarm. Usually I have been awake for over an hour by the time 7:30 rolls around. Apparently Craig is having the same trouble. The other day I got home from the Y at 9:15. The house was quiet so I thought the kids were still sleeping. Around 10:15 the basement door opened and Craig came out, showered and fully dressed. He had been down there playing Wii. He'll probably adjust just as it is time for seminary to start again.
A funny thing happened on Mother's Day. Someone decided during the week before Mother's Day that the Primary should sing in Sacrament Meeting. The kids had no idea, had not sung a single Mother's Day song since the previous year and were in all ways clueless, until it was announced that they were singing. Kelly was reluctant to go up. She is nearly 12 so I'm guessing that is the biggest reason she didn't want to sing, but the reason she gave was she didn't know what they were singing. Neither did anyone else. I wouldn't call it a disaster, but none of the Junior Primary sang because they had never heard the song. Most of the Senior Primary didn't sing. I'm guessing the younger half of senior didn't remember the song from the previous year and the older half was mute in rebellion. When we got home Kelly claimed she didn't know the song. There was a lot of jaw-dropping over that announcement. One year Kelly sang Mother, I Love You over and over for weeks until I thought Craig would rip her tongue out.
I told the kids we would try to do something fun each week during the vacation. Fun=food to them so it looks like we will be going places and eating. Next week we are going to Souder's General Store in Grabill. I think it was formerly owned by the grandfather or great-grandfather or something like that of our recently- resigned-for-sexual-indiscretions-congressman, Mark Souder. It is small, but it has a great candy selection. Lots of the stuff that is hard to find now.
Oh yeah, my favorite part of the summer vacation starts next week--my brilliant brainchild--The Cinderella Plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment