Dear Diary,
Here is what I learned yesterday.
Yesterday Abby and I, along with a bazillion other parents and siblings, dropped Craig off at EFY. We had to go to the stadium parking lot to check him in. There were three EFY sessions and at least two sports camps checking in at the same time. Each had their own line, but there were 400 kids in Craig's session so you can imagine the length of the line. It took about 1/2 hour to get to the front of the line. Next we had to wait 10 minutes in the lobby of the residence hall to get the key to his room. Finally we got him moved in. He had 45 minutes before he had to be somewhere so we walked to the Creamery on Ninth, which was right behind his hall, to get lunch. We waited 15 minutes to order our food, 10 minutes to get it, then 10 more minutes to get the ice cream that came with the meal. Craig got back with about 30 seconds to spare and disappeared before I could get there to say goodbye. I had to wait a couple more times before the day was out and by the time I picked up Abby from her class I had about had it. Fortunately traffic was not bad at all and we had a really enjoyable evening in Bountiful with my Pratt relatives and my brother, his wife and his son who arrived a little after we did. They are here so Travis can enter the MTC on Wednesday.
Abby doesn't have class on Tuesdays so we headed to Park City today to hit the outlet mall and stumbled upon Olympic Park. We saw the bobsled/luge/skeleton track, the ski jump runs and we watched people take freestyle skiing training runs into the pool. It was very cool. Next time we go back I want to take a run down the bobsled track.
Craig texted Abby in the afternoon to ask where something was on campus. During the text conversation she managed to extract the following information. He is enjoying himself. He is making friends, both male and female. He has met some cute girls. He might let Abby see a picture of them when he gets back. We are NOT invited to help him get ready for the dressy dance. Abby, but not Mom, is invited to meet him for lunch tomorrow.
The most surprising thing about Utah this trip is that the mountains are green! I haven't seen them green for a long time. Usually everything is brown. We took a drive into Provo Canyon and up to Sundance on Sunday. It is really beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment