BYU attempted to break the world record for the largest water balloon fight on Friday. What else are a bunch of restless college kids suposed to do for amusement on the Pioneer Day holiday? There were 4,000 participants and each got a bag of 30 water balloons. It took volunteers 48 hours to fill the 120,000 balloons. You can see video of the event here. The video is long, but you can get an idea of the craziness in the first minute or so. Abby was on the green-pink team. At least one of her cousins was on the orange-blue team. Abby said it was an absolute blast. At first people launched their balloons at the other team, but eventually they turned on each other and just threw them. A lot of the balloons didn't pop when they hit so people picked them up and rethrew them. I don't think I've ever seen that many things flying through the air all at once. I haven't heard if they actually broke the record or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment