Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Surprise, Abby!!!!!!

Just to bring you all up to speed, I conspired with a friend of Abby's to throw a surprise party for her 20th birthday. Javiera and her roommate Sarah planned the party while I supplied information and funding. A little glitch arose a week before the party when Abby mentioned to both Javi and me that her friend Anne was going to throw a birthday party for her. Javi didn't know Anne, but she got her number from someone who did, called her, explained the situation and added Anne to the list of conspiritors. Anne invited Abby out for dinner on her birthday and agreed to help Abby plan a bonfire the night after her birthday, not as a birthday party, because Abby didn't want that, but in celebration of her birthday and another friend's birthday. Abby was afraid people wouldn't come if it was for her, but "everyone likes Jessica Hart so people will come to celebrate her birthday." Anyway, I was afraid Abby would get wind of the surprise.  So many people knew about it. Plus, I was communicating with Javi and mailing her packages. I was afraid I'd say something about talking to Jav or Abby would see the mail at her house, but Jav was a like a CIA agent. She covered her tracks and didn't say a word.

I talked to Abby the afternoon of her birthday. She was disappointed that the box I had mailed for her birthday hadn't arrived (because I sent it to Javiera), but was excited about her dinner and bonfire plans. Javiera called Abby during dinner and asked her to come see the cake she had made for her. It took Abby and Anne forever to get there, but when they finally did Abby was blown away. The apartment was full of people yelling, "SURPRISE!" She said she didn't know that many people liked her! Anyway, she loved the party, loved the surprise, loved the birthday photo book I had made for her, loved the photo album Grandma Chamberlain sent, loved the webcam video we sent of us singing "Happy Birthday" and the next day was still marveling that all those people came for her.

The bonfire was a big success as well so it was a really happy birthday for Abby. There are lots of pictures on facebook so if you have access, you can see the rest of the pics from the party.

Watch the video we sent! 
Abby's friend Sarah McQueen, who just auditioned into The Orchestra at Temple Square

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Craig's last comment! hahahahaha! Loved that video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig is stinking adorable!!!!! That boy keeps getting more and more handsome! Loved the Scripture story. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete