Kelly went to her school choir concert tonight, despite missing school today. It just seemed easier to have her go than to try and figure out how to make up 150 points. Anyway, Craig does not usually enjoy these events. Heck, I usually don't either, but duty calls. Tonight I figured out a great way to get him to go agreeably. "Kelly's choir concert starts at 6:30. We're going out to dinner afterwards. If you want to go to dinner, you'll need to go to the concert." When it was time to leave, he asked where we were going to dinner. If I chose wrong, he was going to opt out. He agreed with my choice (which happened to be the place he suggested) and we were off. When we arrived I remembered his cell phone. It screams "Chocolate" 3X when he gets a text message. Somehow I didn't think that would be appreciated by the music officianados who would be in attendance. I told him he could text during the concert as long as his phone was on vibrate. He was in an unusually good mood and this made it even better. One of his female friends was in attendance and they discreetly texted throughout. Occasionally he entertained me with humorous comments (like asking if he could spider-goggle Kelly during the middle of the concert or if he could yell "FIRE!" when it was over) and we went into peals of silent giggles when I spotted the band director movin' and groovin' during the Queen medley. (He was almost as good as you, Meg, when you used to dance at our concerts.) I had to shush him a few times, but he was a lot of fun and behaved well.
At dinner he kept blurting out random things, just a little too loud. (Think someone who has had too much to drink.) Kelly had found out he was texting during her concert and was a bit huffy about it until I explained that I let him do it to keep him from blasting similar kinds of comments during her concert. All was forgiven then.
Have I mentioned that Kelly's school is doing a musical next month? It is a revue of music from the 50's and 60's. I am busy sewing circle skirts and inserting wedges of fabric into jeans to make them ultra-flared. Kelly got the part of Cher, as in Sonny and. . . She was mortified at first. She didn't know much about Cher except that in her later career she didn't wear much in the way of clothing. Thankfully hippies wore lots of clothes so Kelly will be adequately covered. Today we watched You Tube renditions of "I Got You Babe." I think she is a little more into the part now, but man, I had forgotten just how lousy a singer Sonny was.
Thanks for the comment you left on my daughter's blog. (Hermana Denison) I found your daughter's blog after Merrit got her call. I've been following it ever since. It's been fun reading about the mission from her perspective. She seems like a wonderful missionary. Any words of wisdom for a new missionary mom? My email is angiekdenison@yahoo.com.
ReplyDelete