If you've ever read the book One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, you recognize that line. Tom provided the "funny things" in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. He is the ward organist. We were singing "With Wondering Awe" for the closing hymn. After the third verse he took his hands off the keys, sat back and waited for the closing prayer. The chorister turned and looked at him. He thought, "Why is she looking at me?" Then the chorister sat down. As the person giving the closing prayer came up, I saw Tom look hard at the music. His mouth fell open and he looked at me. I couldn't help laughing. That hymn has 4 verses!
Craig wondered aloud the other day why they don't play interesting sports, like football in snow shoes on a mine field. Should I be worried about him?
He also got a mention during the testimonies Sunday. The YM president was talking about how much fun he had tobagganing with the youth Friday night and camping out with the YM, "especially Craig and his one-liners". Everyone laughed, but Craig said, "I don't even know what he's talking about." Right.
Kelly's FA test came back negative. She isn't even a carrier. This is unexpectedly fabulous news. Among the general population 1 in 100 people are carriers of FA. When both parents are carriers, the chances of a child being a carrier is 1 in 2. I had pretty much told myself that all the girls are carriers so this is welcome news. We now have one with FA and one completely free of it. Ellen and Abby will be tested next year. The results make the drama of the blood test (see earlier post) totally worth it.
Craig has missed 9 days of school this semester because he was just too tired to go. He missed 5 straight days in October and another 4 days just before Thanksgiving. I hauled him to the doctor three times over this, but I think we may have found the cause of his fatigue. Of course it is a natural result of Friedreich's Ataxia, but I've caught him three times in the past week reading in bed at 11:30 and later. He gets up for seminary at 5:35. I was ready to wring his neck when I caught him with a book and a flashlight under the covers last night. I told him next time I catch him I will remove every single book from his room. He has a huge personal library so I don't know where I will put them, but I'll figure out something.
Kelly had Fort Wayne Children's Choir concerts on Friday and Saturday. Tom and I went Friday night so we missed the drama so Saturday night. When Kelly walked in the door Saturday night I asked her how the concert had gone. She said, "Let us not speak of it. If you want to know what happened, call Sarah. She said she'd tell you." Then she made a beeline upstairs. When she came down she burst into tears, but didn't want to talk about it. It took 20 minutes of guessing to finally come up with the story. The boy standing next to her had a seizure and fainted during the concert. He fell forward and cut his lip on the risers. The girl he fell into looked woozy so the director motioned her to sit down. Too late. She fainted too. I don't know what caused Kelly's issues, but she sat down too. Someone came and took her off stage so she could "get some air". She was totally traumatized about it. I don't think she was embarrassed for herself, just for the other boy. She is very tender-hearted and she is afraid everyone will be talking about it at rehearsal tonight. Fortunately she won't be there. She has a school choir concert.
No comments:
Post a Comment