Monday, November 15, 2010

King of the Orange Juice

I just received an email from Tom telling me that ITT is changing their paycheck distribution policies. Here's what it said: "ITT is changing a few procedures related to paycheck/pay stub distribution to gain efficiencies, decrease costs and heighten its “green” procedures. These changes affect all salaried employees. Effective with the January 6, 2011 pay date, paychecks/pay stubs will be mailed to you at your home address of record. There will no longer be a "hand delivery" of paychecks/pay stubs via your Department supervisor."

So I am left to ponder . . . how will mailing paychecks "gain efficiencies, decrease costs and heighten 'green' procedures"? The post office does an adequate job, but is not necessarily efficient. It costs money to mail things. The postal service uses trucks and other vehicles to deliver the mail. Those vehicles emit toxic exhaust. How is that green? ITT is full of brilliant people. Apparently they do not work in the payroll distribution department. (Side note: Tom just explained that he delivers 12 paychecks every other week. It takes him about 10 minutes. At his salary that makes him a very expensive letter carrier, but I say the short walk makes him a more efficient employee the rest of the day.)

Yesterday's Primary funny came from one of my favorite kids, Jensen Clegg. We were talking about the resurrection when Jensen said, "They put a crown of thorns on Jesus' head and called him King of the Orange Juice." This puzzled me until the light bulb went on. "Actually," I replied, "They said, 'Hail, King of the Jews.'" He shrugged, "Oh, I accidentally said orange juice." He must have heard "Jews" as "juice" and added the orange. So random and so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment