Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Problem Solved!

Tom has been busy with a project at work.  Everything was going well until they sent the board through testing.  There were multiple failures.  Most of them were easily fixed, but he's been pulling out his hair (figuratively speaking) over the last problem for the past two weeks.  Everyone was frustrated and with deadlines looming, everyone was feeling stressed, especially Tom.  Yesterday they tested the board on a different piece of test equipment.  It worked perfectly.  Turns out there was a faulty part on the other piece of test equipment.  It is something that is very unlikely to fail and not readily noticable if it does so they never considered checking the test equipment.  Tom came home happy, relieved and with his confidence restored in his engineering abilities.

On the down side, Craig came home from seminary with a horrible headache this morning.  He downed 2 ibuprofen then flopped onto his bed.  This kids start school 1/2 hour later on Wednesdays so I went to get him for school and he was asleep with a pillow over his head.  Not a good sign.  I gently woke him up and told him it was time to go.  His head was killing him and he was nauseous, but he hoped to go in late as he didn't want to miss more school.  I woke him again at 11 to check on him.  It sounds like he has a migraine.  He threw up when I was taking Kelly to school.  He's only vomited twice since he was 2.  Both times he had a migraine.  I put the pillow back over his head, pulled up the covers and let him go back to sleep.  I feel so sorry for him.  And I worry.  How will he get through college when he is sick so much?  How can he keep his confidence up when his body is always dragging him down?  How do I sympathize with him without treating him like an invalid?  What's he thinking?  We need a miracle, that's all.

And a happier thought.  In case you aren't counting, Ellen comes home in 7 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment