Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We Have a Car!

Less than two miles down the road is a used  car dealership with a fabulous warranty and a great reputation.  We said right off we were going to go there when we bought our next car, but got caught up in looking at specific vehicles and went to the dealerships instead.  On Saturday Tom, Kelly and I went to Preferred Auto to look at a couple of cars they had advertised online.  Yeah, it should have been our first stop.  To make a long story short, we figured out what car we wanted, but the only one they had of that model had more miles on it than we wanted.  No problem for them.  The owner took us into his office and told us they could find us the car we wanted at the price we wanted in five days or less.  We gave them a list of options we were interested in.  Monday morning I got an email with pictures of a Chevrolet Traverse with 16,000 miles on it.  It had everything we wanted, except for the heated leather seats.  It also had a power liftgate on the back, which wasn't on our list, but I gladly exchanged for the leather seats.  The car was priced just under our limit.  We test drove it today.  The kids gave it their approval.  I feel sad about disappointing Cleveland at the Hyundai dealership.  He was so nice and helpful, but the Traverse has a little more room in it.  It isn't quite a Macy's car (no heated, leather seats), more like a JC Penney car, but that's okay.  It is very nice and will serve us well.  I'll need to spend a day or two reading the manual to understand what all the buttons do and I'll have to be careful while driving to not get sidetracked by the information center.  This car bombards the  driver with all kinds of information.



The color is cyber gray metallic.  The only problem now is to figure out how to fit it in our garage.  Tom has a workbench in the third bay and none of our three cars will fit with it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment