The car search is starting to strain the family. We all have different selling points. I finally figured out mine. All my life I've driven a Wal-mart car. Wal-mart cars are just fine. They get you from Point A to Point B reliably, without fanfare, fluff or show. That is exactly what a car needs to do. Having driven the fully loaded Aspen, the loaded Veracruz and the loaded Pilot, I've decided that I want a nicer car. It doesn't have to be a Sak's Fifth Avenue car, something along the Macy's line would be fine. In essence, I want my vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce and nuts on top. The whipped cream and cherry are nice, but not essential for my enjoyment.
A new Veracruz GLS with standard equipment and a huge Hyundai warranty costs roughly $1500 less than a Honda certified pre-owned, low-mileage, loaded Pilot. The Hyundai warranty appeals to the engineer of the house, the Pilot appeals to the tired-of-plain-vanilla-ice-cream girl of the house. Craig likes the Pilot slightly better. Both kids say that both cars have enough room for their legs. We still have three more cars to look at, but everywhere we go, people try to sell me used Suburbans. A Suburban would definitely have enough leg room, but I don't want to drive a tank and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit in our garage. I'm starting to grow weary of the project. Craig just reminded me of that VW bus he wants. It's cheap, and might seat six though I think it only had three seats in the picture. I doubt it has low miles and I'm not sure it would get us to Grandmas. With all of us in it, I really doubt it would go over 40 mph!
No comments:
Post a Comment