I forgot about this when I was writing the other post today. Craig gave his third talk in six month in church today. They must like him. He was hoping his topic would be humility so he could say, "This is my third talk in six months. I must be a really good speaker. My topic is humility." Instead they asked him to speak on the institute program because he went to a priest/laurel conference at Purdue this weekend. The purpose of the conference was to introduce the kids to Institute.
Craig gave a great talk, as he usually does. I love watching his eyebrows as he speaks, because they go up and down throughout the talk. I don't think he even realizes he is doing it. Of course his sense of humor rang throughout it. The funniest thing he said was, "They taught us about the institute program and gave a simulated institue class, which I really liked. Institute classes are like seminary, but they are usually in the evening and are optional. Now you might say that you have a choice about seminary, but I think if I told my parents I wasn't going to seminary anymore they'd say, 'tough luck buster!'" Tom shook his lowered head, but the rest of us roared with laughter. The thing is, if he really refused to go, we'd talk with him, encourage him and try to work out his issues, but we wouldn't force him to go. Fortunately he is a good kid and doesn't give us any trouble in that area.
No comments:
Post a Comment