Saturday, April 7, 2012

April Fool's Day

You don't really think that April Fool's Day passed in our house with Craig living in it, do you?  He got a late start, not setting things up until just before bed, but he had a good time doing it.  First a little background information . . . Craig and his fellow priests found a cardboard cutout of Zac Efron in the dumpster at the church.  It said, "Peachy Muffins" on the back so they named him Muffin and have been taking turns being his guardian.  The idea is the boys will each take Muffin somewhere and take a picture of him there.  Craig put him in the car and drove him to and from school for several days.  Craig set up Muffin in Kelly's bathroom, right in front of the shower, where she'd see it first thing.  I went in there twice and even though I knew it was there, it still startled me.  He looks real and it's a bit weird to step into the bathroom and see a strange man standing there.  I didn't get a picture before Craig took Muffin out, but here's one after the fact.


Lying in bed April Fool's night I could hear Craig banging around the kitchen.  It sounded like he was emptying the dishwasher, but he never does that without being asked.  The next morning I discovered that he had reaaranged one of the dish cupboards.  He was quite pleased with himself.

Two days ago he got a brilliant idea.  No doubt he was inspired by this:



Tom found this advertisement somewhere, cut it out and taped it to Craig's bathroom wall, much to Craig's delight. It has been there since before Thanksgiving. I thought Craig was responsible for the whole thing. It was a month later that Tom confessed. Boys! Anyway, Craig wanted to entertain Kelly so he came up with a brilliant idea of his own. There is a character in one of the Star Wars movies, Admiral Akbar, who yells, "It's a trap!"  Here is Craig's version.  He taped it to the inside of the toilet lid.  Kelly thought it was hilarious and has moved it to the cabinet above the toilet so the ink won't run when she flushes the toilet.    I hope I remember to remove it before guests come over and request to use the bathroom.  I forgot to remove the "Give Poop a Chance" sign and had to explain that to our Thanksgiving guests.  That's when Tom's confession came out.  I've decided that there will always be a bit of little boy in my boy.  Why fight it?

No comments:

Post a Comment