We hardly saw Ellen the last 8 days she was home--she spent 3 days in Lafayette and 2 in Michigan, but she managed to get everything done, all her stuff fitted into her suitcases well, almost. There's a box on it's way to the MTC) and off to Utah in time to watch Florida State cream BYU. Fortunately Tom decided against buying football tickets so the humiliation and disappointment did not cost any money.
Someone asked me Sunday morning if I was sad or cried all day yesterday. I told her that Ellen was so clearly doing the right thing and that even though Satan had tried every possible way to discourage her, she still went and I was so happy about it that I wanted to jump up on the table and dance. I might cry when Thanksgiving comes and she doesn't show up for dinner, but for now I'm perfectly content.
I spent Saturday morning shoveling out Abby's room. Ellen has been camping out there all summer so I wanted to make space in the closet for Abby when she is home. I should have had Ellen go through her stuff before she left, but I think that would have been a little overwhelming. She will likely pitch 3/4 of it when she gets home, but it will be a much faster process then than if she had done it last week. Now I just need to find a place in the basement for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment